½ tsp of thyme
½ tsp of salt
1tbsp of oil
½ sweet onion, diced
2celery stalks, diced
1 sweet pepper, diced
1 jalapeño pepper, chopped fine
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 lb of ground beef
1 lb of prawns, peeled and deveined
½ cup of green onions, chopped
Rice Cooker1 rice cooker cup of rice cooked with 1/8 tsp of Paprika and thyme and chicken broth according to cooker instructions
1. Cook rice according rice cooker instructions in broth, 1/8 each of paprika and thyme
2. When the rice is almost done cooking, Preheat a large pan to medium heat with oil
3. Add onions, green pepper, jalapeno, celery, and garlic. Cook on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add beef, salt, black pepper, remaining paprika, and thyme. Cook until browned, about 10-15 minutes.
5. Add shrimp, cover and cook 5 more minutes
6. Toss rice with beef and shrimp and combine well. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.