¼ cup of bread crumbs
2 tbsp of grated dry parmesan
2 tsp of oregano
1 tsp of parsley
1 tsp of basil
½ tsp of garlic powder
½ cup of grated zucchini
½ tsp of salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste
2 ½ cups of favorite tomato sauce
2 ½ cups of grated fresh parmesan or mixed Italian cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix ground meat, bread crumbs, egg, dry parmesan, oregano, parsley, basil, zucchini, salt and pepper. Makes about 24 meatballs.
3. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out meat mixture and form into balls. Place on a high edge baking dish.
4. Bake for 20 minutes and then turn over meatballs.
5. Cook for another 15 minutes or until done.*
6. Once meatballs are cooked remove meatballs and drain off any fat or liquid. Place back in pan and pour on tomato sauce then cover in fresh parmesan. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
7. If cheese isn’t bubbly enough, switch oven to broil and broil for 2-4 minutes. WATCH it as it could burn easily.
8. Serve with your favorite pasta.
*Meatballs can be pre-cooked to be used later. Refrigerate or freeze once cooled. Complete other steps when ready to eat them.