1/3 cup of sweet onion, chopped fine
1/3 cup sweet pepper, chopped fine
½ tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp of mustard
1 can of diced tomatoes with green peppers and onion (Hunt’s)
1 tbsp of brown sugar
¼ cup of Ketchup
¼ tsp of cajun seasoning (Hye’s of Canada)
salt and pepper to taste
- Drain diced tomatoes and keep liquid
- In a blender or chopper, blend up diced tomatoes, garlic, mustard and brown sugar until the consistency of ketchup. (Add back any reserved liquid if needed)
- In a pan over medium heat, brown the ground pork, along with onions, and peppers.
- Stir in tomato mixture, ketchup, cajun seasoning and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on buns.