1 cup of chicken broth (I use ½ cube of Harvest Sun Bouillon plus 1 cup of hot water)3 tbsp of reduced sodium soy sauce
1 and ½ tbsp of blackstrap molasses
¼ tsp of white pepper
1 tbsp of grated ginger (store ginger in freezer for easy grating)
1 tbsp of cornstarch
Stir Fry1 tbsp of oil
1 pound of chicken breast cut into long strips
½ cup of sweet onion thinly sliced
1 sweet pepper thinly sliced
1 cup of bean sprouts
1 baby bok choy chopped
1. Combine chicken broth, soy sauce, molasses, white pepper and ginger in a bowl. Remove 1-2 tbsp and place in small bowl or ramekin and whisk in cornstarch with a fork. Set both aside.
2. Heat oil on medium high heat in wok or large pan. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
3. Add onions and cook until almost soft.
4. Add peppers, bean sprouts and bok choy and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Pour in sauce and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in cornstarch and sauce mixture. Cook and stirring until sauce is thickened.